Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Zeta Love

Like I’ve said before, 3 of us going on this trip are from the same sorority. We are very close to each other and I’m so glad that we are going on this journey together. It’s very comforting knowing that we will be there for each other and have many memories to share. Another one of our sisters sent the 3 Zetas going to Africa this facebook message last night and it almost made me cry!

“Hi girls!!
Hope your summers have been so fabulous!!!! I am so excited for you guys to go on your trip and I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you! It is going to be so beyond amazing!!

If can offer you any advice from my little bit of experience it would be to be confident in the fact that even though you may never see the results of your hard work, you will be making huge and little changes in the people around you. It can be hard when it seems like your work is only temporary and there is no lasting impact, but you are going to be affecting people in ways you will never realize!

I am praying for you guys and cannot wait to hear about the trip!
lots and lots of sisterly love”

After a very stressful weekend (I am no where near ready and I’m leaving in 5 days) it was exactly what I needed to encourage me! It’s also very nice to know our sisters will be thinking of us back home. And with so many views about going to Africa, this is the one I’ll keep in mind during my trip. That’s what sisters are for! Thanks, this really did mean a lot!

No comments: