Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Emails from Macdonald!

We gave Macdonald our email addresses and he promised to write us. Well he did!  I was thrilled to hear from him! He also wrote to Krista and we have been emailing him back but our lives are so busy, its hard to keep in touch.  To give you an idea of how he speaks English, I'll post his emails.  Its just fun to read! He says things a little different, but you can usually figure  out the meaning.


#1: Lexi, 

Muli bwanji? (How are you?)

Sorry for taking a long time without any correnspondence of letters.  I hope from now onwards I will keep my promise of writing letters.  How was your journey back to your homeland?  As for me here, I am just miss you and your friend Krista.  I write to appreciate for the wonderful and perfect gifts which you gave to my family together with Krista during your visit to Malawi especially to my house.My son Vincent up to now is crying to see you again as you promised to take him there.  He usually asks where are the Azungu? meaning you and your friend Krista.  He is ready to give you a garden to grow maize and land to build a house. Greet your parents, boy friend if any, brothers and sisters, and lastly not forgetting your teacher Patricia.  Yours, Macdonald

 

#2: Thank you very much for your email it has kept to be smile.Am glad also to hear that you had a nice journey back to US.Here every thing is good only that we are experiencing hot summer had it been you came this time you would have not enjoyed.I heard that you are busy with your school keep it up.My family wish you all good luck in your studies.My students are enjoying the materials left and the are also happy to hear that if possible and God allows we shall see you coming again to Malawi.Vincent says he will still keep the land for since you said you try keep money to use for transport.He was very to hear that you will come again hoping that you coming to take him.This my mail  address: Macdonald Sheriff.C/o.Domasi Govt.School.P.O. Box 1.Domasi.Malawi.Greet krista and  Patricia.      Lastly I say miss you .Bye!Macdonald


He wrote these emails to Krista:

#1:Krista,

Muli bwanji? ( How are you?)

 Sorry for taking such a long time without saying hi to you.  I was just thinking you were around then you will come again.  But to my surprise you are nowhere to be seen.  

 Then I realised that you have gone back to your motherland.  Krista I really misse you.  I write just to appreciat the wonderful things that you didd while you were here in Malawi.  I learnt many from you during your stay here in Malawi.

 My family really appreciat your wonderful and perfect gifts which you left to us while you were leaving back to your homeland.  They say I should wish you and Lexi a good health and nice stay in your country.  They also continued to say that if you come again they will give you a land to build a house and the garden to grow maize so that you should have your own maize to grind ready for nsima.  Though I know that you really love your country.

 Greet your parents Lexi, brother, sister, Patricia your teacher and lastly your boy friend.  Say I love them.

 

#2 :Krista! I received yours and I enjoyed reading it.My family together with your students they are all happy to hear about your journey .You asked about the materials you left with me I  used them already teaching your students..Krista thank you very much for photos which gave me when I have on it realy makes to remember you with your perfect job you did together with Lexi. Please keep on responding to my letters.But how is Lexi? Say hello to her.Greet everyone.Bye! Have nice studies.   yours macDonald


#3:Hello krista! Thank very much for your email.Everyone here is fine including the std6 students. But now we are closure to the rain season ready to grow our stapple which is nsima.Sorry for  taking such along time .Idid that just not disturb you concentrating your lessons.How is LEXI? Tel her that am still forwad to receive her post card .May be it is on my and it gets me soo.When are you closing your semister?Here were closing on 7 november.Greet everyone fine who knows me.

 

Okay, I promise not to post all of the emails he sends us, but I just think they are so cute and I thought someone else might enjoy reading them. "Greet everyone fine who knows me" haha he knows he's a celebrity here! 

No comments: