Sunday, March 8, 2009

PICS-Africycle

I never visited Africycle, but many of the VT and Radford girls went, so I'm stealing their pictures. I talked about it a couple times in my blog, so I thought I'd show some pictures. 
We found out about Africycle from the two Canadians who work there. They are friends with Peter and would often come by the lodge for Peter's parties.  
Check out more information about Africycle at their website:  www.africycle.org.  
Africycle billboard 
Their logo 
This is their workshop. My understanding is they use parts of bikes to build complete bikes and sell them for cheaper than a brand new bike. That way typical Malawians can afford them.  They are currently teaching Malawians how to run the business and the skills required so that eventually it can be a completely Malawian run business. That is the right way to help this country out...teach them skills so they can be self-sufficient! 
Inside 


The money raised is then used to build this building. I think its going to be some type of orphanage or educational building. 

No comments: